Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ping Pong Chores

I wasn't so sure how this idea would work with my kids, but I must say I am pretty impressed. This pin is found on the "Better Homes and Gardens" website (http://www.bhg.com/decorating/storage/organization-basics/declutter-and-stress-less/?sssdmh=dm17.542501&esrc=nwdc081011&email=1239027418#page=20)

Total cost for this was about $5.00 (the cost of an 18 pack of ping pong balls at Target).  I took a marker and wrote toy groups down that the boys could pick up.  Since they are so young, they tend to pour all of the toys out all over the room.  The first time I tried the my oldest (the more difficult child) would not do much to help while the younger two flew through the chores.  The few times since then that we have used the ping pong balls, the oldest child has been more app to help.  The good thing for us is that since our boys are so young and cannot read yet, we can "adapt" the balls as we need.  It's a must that I give this idea TWO THUMBS UP!

You never know what might tickle your fancy until you try it, so remember, DON'T JUST PIN IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment