Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Curly Q Scarf - Crocheted


Well, folks today I turned the big THREE-FIVE.   LoL!  I spent the morning shopping and found this beautiful yarn.  The pattern on the package looked simple enough until I got home and realize it was meant for knitting....and I only know how to crochet.

I spent some time on Pintrest and Ravelry and found a simple pattern that I tried out.  As you use Ravelry, you can rename patterns to suit your needs and I am calling this one Curly Q Scarf.  The yarn I used is Red Heart's Boutique Sashay.  One skein is 30 yards and I only used 10 yards for my scarf.  The skein cost just under $5.00 at Wal-Mart so one scarf costs less than $2.00 to make.  My first scarf took just over an hour but I had never used a "yarn" like this before.   It's finished length is right about 5 ft (60").  I liked how quickly this worked up and these will be excellent gifts for my ladies group!!!!

The original link from the pin can be found at Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/joelynjellybean/francis-crochet-9)

Regardless of if it is a DIY project, recipe, or craft project, remember....DON'T JUST PIN IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment