Thursday, September 27, 2012

Car Ride Peacekeepers

We live in a time where sometimes Gas Economy overrules the luxury of space when it comes to choosing an automobile.  Thus it is in out case.  We traded in an SUV that was averaging 12 mpg for a 4 door car that averages 20 mpg.  BUT we gave up lots of space that we used to keep the boys a bit separated, also.  The past few months have found endless bickering, fighting, hitting, and LOUDNESS in our backseat.  I was THRILLED  to stumble an idea found on the "Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss" website. (http://lessthanperfectlifeofbliss.blogspot.com/2011/07/kid-clips-for-road-trips.html)

I had each of the boys pick out a wooden object at Micheal's ($0.59 each) and then glued them to clothespins. I wrote the boys' names on their clip.  I also bought a bag of DumDum's (abt 50/bag)  from Target for about $2.50. As I placed about 15 suckers in the glove box and went to clip the clothespins on the visor when I ran into a small snag.  My visors where to thick to hold the pins. :-(  A temporary fix was close at hand though.   There was a bungee cord in the floor and I wrapped that around the visor and the clips work great.  I am actually planning to staple a could of wooden popsicle sticks to a big rubber band (found around Sunday papers here in my area).  This will wrap around the visor and give me somewhere to clip these.

I have been using these clips for about a week now.  Needless to say, car rides have become MUCH MORE enjoyable!!!  I only use the pin system if all 3 boys are in the car with me.  I also say that their time starts when we pull out of the drive and ends when we pull back in as most of our trips are local errands.  On top of it, the boys LOVE that they helped by picking out there own picture.

Make your life more enjoyable....Don't Just Pin It!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment