Sunday, September 23, 2012

Glitter Time Out Timer

Nothing is more frustrating than trying to keep a child in time out.  And at first I wasn't so sure this would be the solution, but with a few ground rules.  I think it might work...So tonight I made out Glitter Time Out Timer.  First, my ground rules....1) NO touching the Jar.  2) Jar is for time outs ONLY.  3) The child still has to tell me why he's in time out before he can get up.

Now, to make this project I visited "Creative Little Daisy" at http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2011/08/i-hope-it-works.html

The only items I had at home for this project was the jar and the water.  So off to the store I went.  With a stop at Michael's I bought the glitter ($2.29 - Sample pack with 6 different color bags each weighing .07 oz - Brand is ArtMinds) and a 3 pack of Liquid Glue ($1.00 - each tube was 1.69 oz).  At target I bought a 4 pack of store brand food color (1.97).


I emptied the contents of TWO of the glue tubes into a pint size mason jar. I then filled the jar the rest of the way up with water.  I dumped the entire contents of ONE glitter bag into the jar and added ONE DROP of food coloring.  Put the lid on and shook.  For mine it takes about one minute for the glitter to mostly settle.  This will make it easier to time each child individually.  Total cost for this project (estimating $1.00 for the jar) would be less than $1.90!!!!

This was a super easy project so remember Don't Just Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment